Today’s post is about the uses and benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar so be prepared for a long post.
In most cases you need to dilute the apple cider vinegar with some water, this is especially important if you are taking it internally. We use Braggs organic apple cider vinegar with the mother.
You can use apple cider vinegar for
- You can help an upset tummy by mixing 1-2 tbsp into some water and sipping it during the day
- Mix 1tsp ACV and 1 tsp honey in warm water before eating to help suppress your appetite
- 1tsp in a glass of water helps sinus infections by thinning the mucus, prevents germ growth, helps nasal congestion and sinus drainage.
- Helps weight loss as in 2. above acetic acid suppresses appetite, increases metobolism and reduces water retention.
- If you suffer dandruff or itchy scalp due to the high PH of the scalp (many shampoos and conditioners and treatments raise the PH of the scalp) try either an apple cider rinse (water and ACV) after washing the hair or spritz the hair with a mixture , leave on for a while (maybe 1/2 hr) then rinse off. Make sure you rinse your hair well after.
- To boost energy levels if you are flagging mix 1tbsp ACV in a glass of chilled water. Heavy exercise and stress can cause a build up of lactic acid which in turn causes fatigue. ACV contains potassium and enzymes which help relieve that tired feeling.
- Suffering from leg cramps? This can be due to low potassium levels so try a glass of water with 1tsp honey and 2 tbsp ACV mixed in .
- ACV also has anti inflammatory properties and can help balance blood sugar and PH levels so useful to take 2tbsp in a glass of water before bed and before heavy carbohydrate meals. Can also help reflux.
- Reduces bloating and increases benefit of vitamins and minerals in your food.
- Do you suffer from smelly feet? ACV has antibacterial properties so wipe your feet over with a undiluted ACV .
As you can see there are many uses and its a good all rounder, it has also been reported to help skin conditions but its important to do your own research on anything before you decide to try it and seek medical advice if you are unsure before using it.
Heres a link for some advice on when maybe you shouldn’t use Apple Cider Vinegar.
As with most things moderation seems to be the key word, if you take too much or overindulge in anything then there will be problems.
We are currently trying some of the benefits above so watch out for another blog post about how we get on when we share our personal experiences.